Sunday, July 31, 2011

For a Sweet Little Baby...

I was recently asked to create a baby girl card for my husband and his co-workers to give to another co-worker whose wife just had a darling baby (Congratulations Jennifer and Mike!)  Using the tri-shutter card template I had recently discovered on Splitcoaststampers.com, I put together the following card.  Using bright pink cardstock, pink gingham paper and some darling "Congratulations" paper I got a long time ago in a stack pack,  I assembled what a believe is my best baby card yet.


The stamps used this time were from a couple different Stampin' Up sets and DeNami.  DeNami makes the darling "Congratulations Circle" stamp (I57) and the "Circle Dot Frame" (I53).  The butterflies were created by punching butterflies using Martha Stewart's butterfly punch in dark pink and then covering the butterfly with pink Stickles.  There is a light pink butterfly underneath each one, like a shadow. The white eyelet border was made with a Stampin' Up punch. 

I have been asked what kind of cardstock I prefer.  I love Bazzill, usually Crisscross textured, but I also look for good deals, sales and decide ultimately for the color I need.

Have fun and don't be afraid to leave a comment,
Jen




No comments: