Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Everything!

Here is a little pocket card I made this spring to celebrate the retirement of my dear friend and co-worker Kathy!  A special friend needed a very special card!


On a piece of 3-3/4 x 5" white cardstock I stamped DeNami D128 Elegant Floral Blossom on the left edge and right bottom corner in Versafine Black.  I also stamped the little ladybug in PF19 Bitty Bugs stamp set and colored them in with Tombow markers.  The "Happy Everything" is from Stampin' Up.    This card is decorated with a red button and black ribbon.

This white cardstock was backed in 4 x 5-1/4" black cardstock.  The pocket was made of red cardstock and trim with white cardstock punched with Stampin' Up eyelet punch.  Tucked under the white eyelet is a strip of black to make the eyelet pop.  I glued the edges of the pocket with the thinnest line of  Tombow's Mono Multi Liquid Glue.  It is one of the strongest, easy to apply, glue.  The dual tip is fabulous allowing you to apply a wide or teeny stripe of glue.

Whenever I think of it, I like to decorate the envelope to match the card. It really doesn't take much more time, since the stamps and markers are already handy.  Just keep your envelope close by and stamp it when you stamp the card.

Here is a photo of the same card using a yellow and black color scheme...


Notice I stamped the little butterfly from the same Bitty Bugs set.  Using the Word Window Stampin' Up punch, I made a tag with "Everything."  Since the tag was narrow I attached a black brad instead of trying to thread it on to the 1/4" ribbon.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

2 comments:

Paulina said...

Both of these are lovely, Jen! I love the bold colors on the first one, along with the button accent. Kathy is going to LOVE this! (Wish her a happy retirement from me!)

Jean said...

These are darling thanks for sharing!